This is the basic flour mix I use in my baking. Feel free to use a pre-made gluten free mix, or a mix of your choice, or just plain flour if you don’t have allergies.
I have an allergy to corn so find quite a lot of the mixtures will include this as an ingredient. If you have no problems with corn, then feel free to use one instead 🙂
Gluten-free baking mix
Yields 9 cups.
- 3 cups rice flour
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups potato starch (not flour)
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- Guar gum (1 teaspoon per a cup of gluten-free baking mix, so about 9 tsp)
- Mix flours and guar gum together in a large container. Store in fridge or cool dark place and mix each time before using.
To create a self-raising mix:
- 1 cup unleavened gluten-free flour mix (see above)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder