Yesterday was my first day off from work and the first day I could celebrate that I had finished uni for the year (wahoo!).
However, the weather wasn’t as happy as me and decided to storm all day – to the kitchen it was!
These muffins really don’t take long to put together and are great because they are ingredients most have in the fridge and there was no way I was facing the stormy weather to walk up to the grocery store!
Hope you enjoy the recipe. They use applesauce instead of oil/butter, and the coconut milk infuses such a nice flavour!
If your feeling extra decadent, I think these would be great with dark chocolate chips 😉
Gluten free, Vegan and Oil free Coconut Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups gluten free flour (you can use my recipe here)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for my corn & gluten free recipe click here)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- Brown sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 205ºC (or 400ºF)
- Line a muffin tray
- In a bowl, stir: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, applesauce and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquids. Gently stir to just combine.
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle with additional coconut and brown sugar (to taste).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow muffins to cool for five minutes, then remove from tin.
- Enjoy your vegan, oil-free and gluten free muffins 🙂