Healthy Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 16 cupcakes
- 2 cups spelt flour or gluten-free flour (my favourite basic GF mix recipe here)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 packets corn-free stevia
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups 0% greek yogurt (for dairy free use plain or vanilla coconut yogurt or soy yogurt)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
Icing: (For dairy-free use alternative icing, or sub the cream cheese with soy cream-cheese and the butter with a dairy-free margarine or butter!)
- 60g cream cheese, softened
- 30g butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C. Line a muffin or cupcake tin with cases.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and stir (spelt flour, baking powder/soda/salt, stevia).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, yogurt & lastly, coconut oil).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Mixture will be much thicker than traditional cupcake batter.
- Scoop into cupcake liners or grease/spray your muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until just golden around the edges and a toothpick comes clean. Leave in pan for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool.
- For the icing: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and either use beaters or a food processor to combine. Frost your cupcakes once they are cooled and enjoy!
Nutrition (per cupcake) Calories: 150, without icing 120 calories. Fat: 6 g Carbs: 15 g Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 0.5 g Sodium: 161 mg Protein: 6 g