Easy Pumpkin, Chicken and Green Bean Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 295g (1 1/3 cups) risotto rice
- 1 litre of Organic Chicken Stock
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 110g green beans (or peas)
- 20g (1/4 cup) Organic Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Extra Parmesan, to serve
- Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and rice, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock and pumpkin to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and pumpkin is tender.
- Add the green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the beans are heated through and the rice is tender. Stir in the parmesan.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Stir the chicken into the risotto.
- Divide the risotto among serving bowls and top with shaved parmesan.