Spinach Frittatas – Gluten-free, Grain-Free, Corn-Free
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to grease muffin pan
- 1onion, cut lengthways and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 95 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Grease a 12-hole, ½-cup capacity muffin pan with oil. Add a little bit of oil to a sauce pan with oil and place on medium heat.
- Add onion and crushed garlic to the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add pumpkin to the saucepan and ½ cup water. Cover pan and steam for 10 minutes until just tender.
- In a medium sized jug, whisk together eggs and milk; season with black pepper.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir through feta and spinach.
- Place muffin pan on a flat baking tray then spoon pumpkin mixture evenly into 12 holes. Carefully pour over egg mixture to almost fill muffin holes. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold 🙂