Strawberry & Vanilla Cake with a Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese Frosting – Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Corn-Free & Lactose-Free
- 192 grams (2 cups) almond flour
- 4 tablespoons (32 grams) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) coconut oil, melted
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons (120 grams) honey
- 2.5 tablespoon vanilla extract (learn how to make your own here!)
- 4 tablespoons lactose-free yogurt (or greek yogurt, or soy/coconut for dairy free)
- 180 grams strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
Lactose-Free Greek Yogurt & Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 175g lactose-free spreadable cream cheese (or soy/other for dairy free)
- ½ cup Lactose-Free yogurt (or greek yogurt, or soy/coconut for dairy free)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line two cake tins with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, honey, yogurt and vanilla.
- Create a well in the dry mix and add the wet mix and stir gently until just combined.
- In a bag (or a bowl, I find a freezer bag easiest), mix 2 teaspoons of coconut flour with the strawberries, toss/stir to cat. Fold in the strawberries to mixture lightly.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cake tins and bake for 20- 25 minutes minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- For the frosting, mix together cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla and icing sugar with beaters or a food processor until mixed. Place the frosting back into the fridge to firm up a bit whilst your cake cools on the wire rack.
- When your cake is cool, spread the frosting in the middle and top of the cake. Top with strawberries and coconut if like and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Strawberry & Vanilla Cake with a Lactose-Free Greek Yogurt and Cream Cheese Frosting – Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Corn-Free, (Dairy-Free Options Too!)”
What a truly appetizing fantastic layered cake! I love the filling too!
Yummm! I will make it next Summer when we have home grown strawberries! yes! Yummmmmmmmm! xxx
Yum, home grown strawberries sound delicious!