Mini Baked Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Corn-Free Donuts (With Dairy-Free Subs!)
- 1 cup (125g) gluten free flour (I used my mix (recipe here), can use one of choice, or spelt flour if you like)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (create a ‘chia egg’ = soak in 3 tablespoons of water for 15 minutes)
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk of choice (I used low-fat lactose-free, can use full fat dairy, coconut, almond,etc)
- 1/4 cup (60g) Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt/soy yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (recipe to make your own here)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips for dairy-free)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (helps give a shiny glaze!)
- 1 teaspoons water
- rainbow sprinkles or coconut to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Spray a mini donut pan with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the ‘chia egg’, coconut sugar, milk of choice, and yogurt together until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla, whisking until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be very thick.
- To put the batter into the donut pan, use either a plastic zip bag (by filling and cutting of corner and piping the batter into the donut cavity) OR an icing bag. Fill 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 6–8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the pan and bake the remaining donut batter. Allow the donuts to slightly cool before glazing.
- Place the chocolate chips, coconut oil and water in a medium bowl. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each time, until completely melted and smooth. Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and then cover with sprinkles or coconut. I simply poured the sprinkles/coconut into a deep bowl and dipped the tops of the donuts into it.
Best consumed on the day, however, you can store in a airtight container for 2 days at room temperature 🙂