Pull-apart Balsamic Beef, Pumpkin & Feta Salad Recipe
- 1 boneless piece of beef (about 1kg)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup organic beef stock
- 1.75kg butternut pumpkin, deseeded, cut into 2cm-thick pieces
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 200g baby spinach
- 120g Persian feta, crumbled
- 1 red onion
1) Create the honey and balsamic dressing below2) Serve without dressing but with a dollop of yogurt
(or if you’re feeling lazy, you could use the use the left over juices from the slow cooked beef and perhaps just add a tad more honey!)
Honey and balsamic dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place beef in to the slow cooker
- In a small bowl mix balsamic vinegar, honey and stock. Chop the garlic cloves in half.
- Pour the liquids onto beef along with the halved garlic cloves.
- Set slow cooker to cook for 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low (the meat will be ready if it easily breaks off with your fork).
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker. Drain off some of the sauce, but not all of it. Place it into a dish, like a large plate or a lasagne pan.
- Using forks pull apart the roast, then gently pour 1/4 cup to half a cup of the sauce over the meat. You can keep the remaining sauce for something else or gravy in the future, or as the salad dressing if you like! Set the beef aside until ready to use or once salad has
To create the salad:
3 thoughts on “Pull-apart Balsamic Beef, Pumpkin and Feta Salad – Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Corn-Free, Citrus-Free”
such an action-packed salad – lurve pumpkin.
Me too! Basically anything with pumpkin is a winner in my books 😉
I made it & loved it so much! Cool! x