How delicious is warm bread out of the oven? The smell of it alone is enough to tempt you for a taste!
This bread is made with buckwheat to make it gluten-free and topped with a range of super seeds to give it a delicious and nutritious crunch!
Hope you enjoy! xx
Gluten-Free Buckwheat and Seed Bread
- 1 1/2 cups my gluten-free flour mix (or one of choice)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder (recipe here or use own)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggwhites
- 1 cup dairy-free milk of choice (or dairy if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Chia seeds, Pine Nuts, Sunflower Seeds, & Pumpkin Seeds to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced and line a loaf pan.
Sift flours, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, lightly beat eggwhites until just frothy. Stir in milk, oil, and honey. Add eggwhite mixture to flour mixture. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Press seed mix lightly into mixture. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre of bread comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.