I made these cute cookies in a jar gifts for my friends! These a gluten-free, so the perfect option for that foodie in your life! 🙂
This recipe will yield 12 cookies each, hope you enjoy! The recipe is for a pint size jar, but you can double it and put it in a quart size jar if you like, to yield 24 cookies! I thought 12 cookies was a better option for my friends and the perfect snack size.
Gluten-free Cookies in a Pint Size Jar
- ⅓ cup of my gluten-free flour mix, or gluten-free flour mix of choice.
- ¼ tsp my allergy friendly baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda (bicarb)
- 1 pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats (not quick oats)
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bottom of a clean pint jar making an even layer.
- Add an even layer of brown sugar on top using a spoon to smooth it out if needed.
- Add an even layer of sugar on top.
- Add an even layer of oats on top.
- Pour the chocolate chips on top.
- Pour in the white chocolate chips to top off the jar.
- Include the following recipe notes: Preheat oven to 180 C, and line an oven tray with baking paper. Pour the contents of this jar into a bowl. Add 50g (3½ tbsp) of cooled melted butter, 1 egg lightly beaten and ½ tsp of vanilla. Stir until well combined. Using a teaspoon, spoon batter onto prepared tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Makes 12 cookies.