My Dad loves nuts, so for Christmas, I decided to take it to the next level and make candied nuts! I love adding in DIY gifts for Christmas and think they add a nice personal touch! What do you like to make for Christmas or as gifts?
Hope you enjoy the recipe, the cinnamon adds a nice kick :)!
Cinnamon Roasted, Candied Almonds
Yields 2 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees C. Line a pan with baking paper, and lightly spray the pan with olive oil spray.
- Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Add the tablespoon of honey, and mix.
- Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers!