It is extremely hot in Australia at the moment, so I love using facial toners to combat any oil production! This is my favourite facial toner recipe and I noticed results as soon as I started using it!
It’s main ingredient is Rooibos, which has a soothing effect on the skin, and is great for those with allergies as it reduces itchiness, ezcema, and acne! Since I’ve started using this (the last couple of months), I haven’t broken out at all and my skin looks a lot brighter, I have really noticed a significant difference. Rooibos is also great for the skin as it contains zinc and alpha-hydroxy!
The toner also includes other skin-loving ingredients: tea tree oil (known to improve acne, psoriasis, eczema), apple cider vinegar (helps tighten pores) and Vitamin C! I use a Corn and Citrus-free vitamin C due to allergies, but you could just use a normal one if you don’t have this problem and also add in a squeeze of lemon.
Hope you enjoy this recipe for your face!
DIY 100% Natural, Clarifying Rooibos Facial Toner for Sensitive Skin
- 3 Rooibos Tea Bags
- 250ml of filtered water – boiled
- 1/4 cup natural apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn-free, Citrus-free Vitamin C powder (Or normal Vitamin C if not allergic)
- 10 drops of 100% Tea Tree Oil
- Steep the 3 Rooibos tea bags in the 250ml of boiled water and allow the bags to steep and cool for awhile.
- Once the tea has been steeped for a good amount of time, remove the tea bags and mix in the apple cider vinegar, Vitamin C and Tea Tree Oil – mix.
- Place in bottle of choice and store in the refrigerator!
- I use mine twice every day, after washing my face, and dab on with a cotton wool pad.