I love adding kale to my green smoothies as they really add a nutritional punch!
Kale is considered a “superfood” because it’s so nutritionally dense. This dark leafy green is packed full of fiber and vitamins. Its high beta-carotene content means it helps protect your body from cancer and heart disease and the vitamin K helps keep your blood healthy!
If you thought spinach had a great nutritional profile, then you should really check out kale. It contains more than ten times the vitamin C of spinach and more vitamin A and vitamin K as well. Kale also contains more lutein, an antioxidant that works to keep your eyes healthy.
Since the leafy green is so good for you, I was looking for another way to incorporate it into the diet.
These kale chips are so quick and easy to make! They taste great and make a nice, healthy snack!
Kale Chips with Sea Salt
- One Bunch of Kale
- Olive Oil Spray (If you don’t have spray – 1 tablespoon of olive oil will do the trick!)
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C. Line a tray with baking paper/parchment paper.
- With a knife (or rip with your hands if your making enough just for you!) remove the leaves from the stems and tear/cut the leaves into bite size pieces.
- Wash the kale and dry carefully, ever with a towel or salad spinner.
- Arrange the kale in a single layer on the tray and spray with olive oil spray (alternatively, if you don’t have the spray toss the kale with olive oil in a bowl then arrange on tray)
- Sprinkle and season to your taste with sea salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt and the kale feels crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a rack to cool and then dig in! 🙂