Chocolate for breakfast?
I can’t think of a better way to start the day!
This recipe includes quite a few superfoods (chia, goji, cacao, maca) and the chia seeds help give it a pudding consistency.
Evidence shows that by mixing berries with cacao can actually triple the absorption of antioxidants! (Oh, and they make a great tasting pair together too!) You can read more about this research and antioxidants here if you are interested!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you can prepare this the night before to ensure you get the right start in the morning!
Cacao and Berry: Superfood Breakfast Pudding Recipe
- 30g Raw Organic Oats
- 10g Organic Gogi Berries
- 10g Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Flaxmeal
- 1 tsp manuka honey/agave/pure maple syrup
- 60ml Milk of choice (dairy, coconut (my favourite), almond, rice, etc)
- 400ml Water
- Handful of blueberries
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the milk and mix until it forms a batter.
- Slowly start adding water and stir well until the mixture has a consistent texture.
- Stir in the berries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, uncover and enjoy!