Yes, I know. I am guilty. Here I am posting ANOTHER porridge recipe!
Lately I’ve been so busy, the only time I’ve had to experiment in the kitchen is breakfast!
I made this recipe today, and I have to admit, I think this is definitely one of my favourite porridge recipes yet!
The coconut caramelized bananas just added such a decadent touch and this recipe reminded me so much of warm, banana bread straight from the oven. Yum!
Banana Bread Porridge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large banana (cut into chunks)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Flaked coconut to serve
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the banana chunks and cook for 4-5minutes over medium heat.
- Then, add the oats, flaxseeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch of salt and cup of water to the pan. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle with coconut and sliced banana if you wish. Enjoy!