Healthy Carrot Cake with Low Fat Greek Yogurt Frosting – Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Corn-Free, Dairy-Free Optional
- 250g almond meal/flour
- 32g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 212g honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (recipe to make your own here)
- 100g grated carrot (1 cup)
Low Fat Greek Yogurt Frosting:
- 175g low-fat cream cheese (can use full fat or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/2 cup low fat greek yogurt (can use full fat or dairy-free alternative)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two cake tins with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Create a well in the dry mix and add the wet mix and stir gently until just combined. fold in the carrots.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cake tin and bake for 20- 25 minutes minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- For the frosting, mix together cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla and sugar with beaters or a food processor until mixed. Place the frosting back into the fridge to firm up a bit whilst your cake cools on the wire rack.
- When your cake is cool, spread the frosting in the middle and top of the cake. Top with pecans or walnuts if you like and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Healthy Carrot Cake with Low Fat Greek Yogurt Frosting – Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Corn-Free, Dairy-Free Optional”
such a perfect looking cake! This is a work of art.
Thank you thehungrymum, that’s so nice of you to say :)!
Lovely inviting appetizing photos, dear Elle! Yummm!