Chicken, Rocket & Pea Risotto – Gluten-Free, Corn-Free, Nightshade-Free, Dairy-Free Option!
Serves 6 – 8 🙂
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves (depending how much you like your garlic ;)!)
- 1 tablespoon organic, grassfed butter butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (or fresh sprigs if you have!)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams chicken breast (2 chicken breasts)
- 100g Rocket leaves (or to taste)
- parsley finely chopped
- extra Parmesan for serving
- Extra rocket for presenting (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat stock and keep warm. In a seperate large nonstick skillet, saute onions & crushed garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the rice, thyme and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine or additional stock if using. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in heated stock from the other saucepan into the skillet, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes.
- Whilst you are doing this, heat oil in a frying pan. Cook chicken for 7 to 8 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Thinly slice chicken.
- Once your risotto is ready and all the liquid has been added, add the peas, cheese and chicken; cook and stir until heated through.
- Lastly, stir in the rocket leaves.
- To present, place some extra rocket leaves on the outside of the plate in a circle shape, dollop your risotto in the middle and serve with Parmesan sprinkled on top and chopped parsley.