Vibrant Pink Roast Beetroot and Apple Cider Vinegar Hummus
- 2 medium sized beetroot
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cloves garlic (you can add another one if you like it more garlicy)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- water to thin
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Wrap each clean, unpeeled beetroot in foil individually and bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer can easily be inserted into the flesh.
4. Unpeel skin and chop into chunks.
5. Drain chickpeas and rinse off all the brine.
6. Remove the skin from each chickpea by popping it out between your thumb and index finger.
7. Place the beetroot and chickpeas into a food processor along with the garlic and process for 1 minute.
8. Add tahini, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt and keep processing.
9. Whilst the food processor is still running, slowly add water until the hummus becomes a smooth and creamy texture.
10. Refrigerate or use immediately. This will last in the fridge for approximately 4 days.