With Christmas just around the corner, I’ve been beginning to put together a few ‘DIY’ gifts to give to my loved ones.
This soap one is so easy and I think it adds an extra touch that you have made it yourself 🙂
You only need three ingredients to make this soap and it really doesn’t take long at all! I used silicon heart muffin cases as my moulds, so just use whatever you have on hand!
Hope you enjoy!
DIY LAVENDER & GOAT MILK SOAP
– Goat’s milk Natural Soap base
– Lavender essential oil
– dry lavender
1. Cut goat milk soap base into cubes and place in a Pyrex Jug. Heat in the microwave until the cubes are melted, doing so in 30 second intervals.
2. Once the goat milk soap base is melted, add in the lavender essential oil. You can do this to your preference, but as a general rule, you can use up to the 2.5% essential oil for the weight of the soap. So to scent 500g of Soap Bases at 2.5% use 12mls of Essential oil. If you are measuring in drops, there are approximately 20 drops per ml. You don’t have to scent as high as 2.5%, so to judge for your taste, count the drops of scent you add. Allow to set, sniff and keep a note for future batches. Everybody has different tastes, so free-handing this step and going by your nose I think is the best way 🙂
3. Then add in our lavender and stir. It will naturally rise to the top (I have just turned my soap around in the photo, so the bottom of the soap has the lavender on the bottom, I quite like this effect!).
4. Pour your mixture into moulds and allow to set for an hour or overnight.
5. Pop out of the moulds and there you have it! Your own Lavender Soap to use :)!