Coconut Chicken Schnitzel – Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Grain-free, Egg-free
Quantities are for one person, adjust portions for more mouths 🙂
– 1 raw skinless chicken schnitzel fillet (organic if possible, can use breast instead and flatten it down for even cooking!)
– 1 tablespoon coconut flour
– drizzle of coconut oil
1. Place your chicken in a plastic freezer bag or sandwich bag. Sprinkle the coconut flour on top of the chicken. Close the bag and shake it around.
2. Drizzle a frypan with a bit of coconut oil on medium heat.
3. Add the chicken and allow to brown for 1-2minutes. Reduce heat down to low and cook for 5 minutes or when it looks cooked on that side.
3. Increase the heat upto medium and turn the chicken over and allow it to brown for a minute or two. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Once cooked through, remove from the pan and enjoy with your choice of sides :)!