Gooey brownies, is there anything better?
Well then try healthy sweet potato brownies! This is the perfect solution for nut-free, gluten-free and dairy-free households that want a delicious yet healthy sweet treat!
Don’t let the sweet potato deter you, these really create a gooey texture and the medjool dates add a sweet caramel taste to the mix when combined!
Hope you like this recipe 🙂
Nut-Free, Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 of a cup of ground sunflower seeds
- 1/2 a cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a brownie tin.
- Pit dates and soak in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes (I left peel on and scrubbed them!).
- Drain dates and add to the food processor. Add the sweet potatoes, maple syrup and vanilla paste also.
- Process until smooth.
- Combine the buckwheat flour, ground sunflower seeds and cacao in a bowl. Stir. Add in the sweet potato mix to this and stir until well combined.
- Place mixture into the lined tin and bake for about 20-25 minutes.