Today was a particularly overcast and rainy day for me, instead of letting the weather get me down, I took to the kitchen and baked these super delicious gluten free muffins!
They only use rice flour as the flour, so they are perfect if you’re beginning to be gluten-free and don’t have a cupboard full of flours! Or perhaps if you need a gluten-free recipe for a friend, or if you just want a delicious muffin 😉
I also used rice milk to make it dairy-free but you could use any milk of choice! The apple and raisin/cranberry mix add a natural sweetness to the muffins and the maca a lovely malty taste (which I love complimented with cinnamon)!
Hope you enjoy this one!
Gluten-free, dairy-free Apple, Maca & Raisin Rice Flour Muffins
Makes 6 muffins.
– 1 egg
– 1 cup white rice flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 small apple chopped
-1/4 cup of raisins and cranberries mix
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/8 salt
– 1 teaspoon maca powder
– 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2/3 cup rice milk
– brown sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 220 Celcius and line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cups.
2. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl then add in all the liquids. Add a dash more milk if needed.
3. Distribute mixture into muffin cups. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of muffins.
4. Back for 17-20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool by leaving them in the pan for 5-8 minutes once removing from the oven.