I’m currently in exam block so sorry for the lack of posts and will be keeping this one short (study break ;)!)
When I was traveling last year in Turkey, they had these amazing baked potatoes that were called Kumpir. It was so delicious and you got to pick which fillings you could have. I could live of them I swear! That is where the inspiration came for this recipe. Plus, I absolutely love sweet potatoes – even more when there overloading with fillings like the ones in this recipe! I hope you like it 🙂
Super Stuffed Baked Jacket Sweet Potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kale, torn into shreds
- 1/2 beetroot, shredded
- 1/2 onion, diced
- hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 230C. Wash & dry your sweet potato and prick with a knife. Bake for 45 mins to an hour, or until cooked through. Place foil over your potato if the skin starts to burn!
- Meanwhile, make avocado cream by mixing: avocado, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water and cumin seeds in blender until smooth.
- In the last 10-15 mins of cooking, steam your vegetables: I like to shred the beetroot first and steam it on top of the kale and onion so it doesn’t fall through the steam holes, sometimes I add garlic instead of the onion!
- Once sweet potato is cooked, remove from oven.
- Slice sweet potato and slather some avocado cream onto it. Then pile it high with kale, shredded beetroot and onion. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and salt and pepper to taste!
- Enjoy 🙂
One thought on “Vegan Super Stuffed Jacket Sweet Potato”