While I was in the chocolate making Easter mood, I also made these homemade pure chocolate hearts that are mixed with toasted coconut, to go along as gifts for my friends and family with my Cacao + Maca Nut-Free ‘Nutbutter’ Cups. Raw cacao in unprocessed so it still has all its goodness in tack! Coconut and chocolate is one of my FAVOURITE mixtures (as some of you may know or have guessed!), but you could omit the coconut for these to have pure chocolate, or add in other flavours!
Homemade Pure Chocolate infused with Toasted Coconut
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2.5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread the coconut evenly over the lined tray and cook in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes or until light golden. Remove from the oven.
- Place the cacao butter, agave syrup and raw cacao powder in a sauce pan and gently heat until the mixtured in melted and mixed (don’t let it boil). Remove from heat.
- Stir through the toasted coconut and the pinch of salt.
- Spoon your mixture into moulds and place them in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- Keep stored in the fridge ready for your consumption 🙂