I hope you all enjoyed the recent Easter break. Easter is one of my favourite holidays of the year, we always get time off uni PLUS the holiday involves eating chocolate – ding, ding winner!
I made these Raw Superfood Cacao + Maca Nut-free ‘Nutbutter’ Cups as gifts for Easter. These are simple to make, taste yummy and are good for you! They have the superfood Maca in them which contains around 20 trace minerals, 20 fatty accids, 17 amino acids and 10% protein.
This is combined with the other superfoods raw cacao and coconut oil. The traditional reece nut butter cups contain peanut butter in the middle (& not to mention preseratives, dextrose,etc), these have been made with homemade sunflower seed butter to be nut-free but still have such a creamy centre and agave nectar as healthier alternative to sugar 🙂 You can use any nut butter of your choice though! How nice would macadamia be?
I hope you all enjoy the recipe, have a nice day!
Raw Superfood Cacao + Maca ‘Nutbutter’ Cups with Sunflower Seed Butter filling
Gluten-free, Corn-free, dairy-free, vegan
Makes about 18-20 mini muffin cases/chocolate moulds, but you can use bigger ones!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 60 grams raw cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon salt salt flakes
- 5 grams maca powder
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Sunflower seed butter (You can make your own! Recipe here.)
- In a bowl, mix cacao, salt and maca through melted coconut oil and agave syrup with a fork.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of chocolate mixture into mini muffin cases and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spoon 1/4 teaspoon of nutbutter into the centre of each chocolate.
- Top with chocolate mixture (about 1 teaspoon again) and put in the fridge/freezer to set.
- Optional: Top with a dash of seasalt and coconut if you like!