Okay, so, the ultimate title may sound a little dramatic. But these balls are so darn good, they taste so rich, chocolaty, dreamy *drools*.
Now, I know what you are thinking, Elle, I saw the word Spirulina in the title, how can that translate to bliss ball goodness? But I promise you, you won’t even notice the taste OR distinct green colour of spirulina lurking in these balls.
The balls also contain goji berries, chia seeds, quinoa flakes, cinnamon, raw cacao, sunflower seeds and more! They really pack an antioxidant and energy punch with all these superfoods! As a plus, they are nut-free, so perfect for any of you with nut allergies.
Hope you enjoy the recipe, it’s one of my favourites!
The Ultimate Superfood Bliss Balls
Makes about 18 – 22.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 2 – 3 heaped dessert spoons raw cacao powder
- 1 dessert spoon organic rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp organic home-made vanilla extract (recipe here)
- 1 tsp honey
- 4g spirulina (I use the scoop in the packet of mine)
- 1 cup pitted dates (I soak mine for about 1 hour in boiling water)
- Shredded coconut, for rolling
- Place the sunflower seeds and chia seeds in your food processor and process to a crumb.
- Add in remaining ingredients apart from the dates, mix until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add in your dates and process.
- Take your mixture and roll into balls, then roll your balls into coconut.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy anytime you need an energy boost!