Another day, another dish for anyone trying to think of ideas for meat-free week OR for those of you who just wants to dig into some sushi (I wouldn’t blame you ;)!).
This sushi is chockablock full of orange carrots, purple carrots (I love a pop of colour), cucumber, celery, avocado and spinach leaves! If you don’t want it just veggie, you could just add in some chicken or fish to suit! I love mine dipped in tamari!
Hope you enjoy!!
Vegan Veggie Quinoa Sushi
Makes 4 Nori Rolls
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1/2 purple carrot
- 1 carrot
- Cucumber slices
- Washed spinach leaves
- 4 Nori Sheets
- Rinse your quinoa under cold water and place in a pot with 1 & 1/2 cups of water and the apple cider vinegar.
- Place lid on the quinoa over medium heat and bring to the boil, reduct to simmer and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes (check around the 10 minute mark though if it needs any extra water).
- Take the quinoa off the heat, drape a tea towel over it and place lid over the tea towel to allow the quinoa to absorb steam.
- While the quinoa is steaming off the heat, start slicing all your vegetables up into thin slices.
- Lay the nori sheets, shiny side down, on a board, put the quinoa in the middle and spread out onto the sheet. Leaving about 1.5 inches at the top and bottom.
- Layer your sushi ingredients on top of the quino – horiztonally on the center.
- Dab the top bit of the nori sheet with water so that that it will stick when you roll it together.
- Starting from the bottom, tightly roll until you have created tight cylinder sushi roll.
- Cut each sushi roll in half and enjoy 🙂