Lately I’ve been loving recipes that are super quick to whip up, especially with this mountain of uni reading that has decided to grow..
To help keep my mind focused and energy levels up, I love having one of these super energy balls, that are little balls of delicious health! They are yummy alongside some strawberries (actual ones, not just my nail polish ;)!) or with a smoothie for a powerful nutrition hit!
They are filled with some amazing super foods, all that are easy to get your paws on too – sunflower seeds, flaxseed, chia seeds, raw cacao, cinnamon, dates, a dash of vanilla and coconut oil!
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Vegan Super Seed Energy Balls – Nut Free
- 1 cup dates, soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 & 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon pure, corn-free vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water (I use the left over water I soaked my dates in)
- Optional: Lightly toast the sunflower seeds before processing.
- Add the sunflower seeds, chia seeds and flaxseed to your food processor and mix until mixture has been crumbed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process until well incorporated.
- Create balls with the mixture, store in the fridge and enjoy whenever you need an energy hit 🙂