Mum and Dad have been enjoying it on toast, mixed with my Blueberry, Blackberry and Vanilla Jam, or on crackers!
Hope you enjoy this twist on the classical nut butter!
Mixed Nut Butter Infused with Coconut, Chia and Vanilla
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts (eg brazil nuts, almonds, cashews)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 taplespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or more, depending on your taste)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet and spread nuts out.
- Roast for about 6 – 8 minutes or until slightly darker – be careful not to burn :)!
- Allow nuts to cool down before adding to food processor with the chia seeds and flaxseeds (which should be fitted with an ‘S’ blade).
- Grind for 12 – 15 minutes, stopping every so often to push down the sides!
- Continue until it starts to form a creamy texture.
- Add in the sea salt, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and blend to incorporate.
- Store in jar/tupperwear in the fridge and enjoy!