So recently I made a All Natural Almond Nut Butter with Honey for a friend and mentioned that I wanted to make a seed version!
This is a versatile recipe and great for those with nut allergies. You can spread on a piece of toast, a cracker, through stir-fry…or…straight from the jar (he he)…
It also contains goodies such as chia seeds and flaxseeds! I used Pumpkin Seeds with gave it a greenish tinge! But hey, when have I not been one for coloured food? 😉
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Homemade, Organic Mixed Seed Butter infused with Cinnamon, Chia and Flax!
- 2 cups mixed seeds of choice (I used a mix of pumpkin, sunflower seeds and pine nuts (which, despite their name, are actually seeds!)
- 2 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure corn-free vanilla extract
- In a hot pan, lightly toast the mixed seeds (only lightly, watch not to burn!)
- Allow to cool before adding to the food processor.
- Process the seeds for about 10-12 minutes until the seeds become a butter consistency, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed,.
- Add in the vanilla, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon and process until mixed well.
- Store in a jar in the fridge and enjoy!