I made these as gifts for my family, the balls themself are actually quite healthy, I dipped mine in chocolate though as it was for a special occasion!
But if you want to go a healthier route, you could roll in coconut, cacao, or crushed nuts!
The actual balls themselves are great for energy lifting and get a hit of protein and essential fats!
Hope you enjoy!
Healthier, Chocolate Truffle Balls
- 1 Cup Roasted Almonds
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Tbsp Natural Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Mesquite powder (optional)
- Organic, Dark Chocolate for covering (Optional – can use dairy free if you avoid dairy)
- Process all ingredients (minus dark chocolate) in your food processor bowl using the S blade.
- process until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
- Roll into small balls.
- Either roll balls in toppings of choice, or melt dark chocolate and using two spoons, gently coat each ball in a chocolate shell, leave in fridge to set. (If dipping in chocolate, place mixture balls in fridge so they are not too soft!)
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to consume :)!