I’ve been meaning to try out nut butter recipes for SO long! At the shops here they seem to cost about $10 for a small little pot of natural nut butters!
Say hello to an extra $10 in your pocket, as making nut butter is super easy plus you have no added preservatives, sugar and other nasties – bonus!
I made an almond nut butter for some foodies in my life – next on my list is to make a mixed seed version for those who can’t have nuts :)!
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
All Natural Honey Almond Nut Butter Recipe
- 1 & half cups almonds
- 1 & half tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (or more, depending on your taste)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet and spread almonds out.
- Roast for about 6 – 8 minutes or until slightly darker – be careful not to burn :)!
- Allow almonds to cool down before adding to food processor (which should be fitted with an ‘S’ blade).
- Grind for 12 – 15 minutes, stopping every so often to push down the sides!
- Continue until it starts to form a creamy texture.
- Add in the sea salt and honey and blend to incorporate.
- Store in jar/tupperwear in the fridge and enjoy!