Long time, no post! The past month I’ve been caught up on my Easter vacation and spent the month backpacking (well, with a suitcase, but nonetheless, student style) all around Europe! Suffice to say, I’ve been back a week now and the weather has finally started to warm up a bit in the UK! *YAY*
To celebrate the launch of Spring weather here, I thought this quinoa salad was quite fitting! Fresh herbs of mint, coriander and spinach give it a delicious zesty taste that when teamed with creamy feta, crunchy pomegranate and sweet raisins make this one of my favourite salads I’ve had!
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Feta, Pomegranate & Raisin Quinoa Herb Salad Recipe
- 1 and a half cups quinoa
- 2 small red onions (or one large), chopped
- half a cup jumbo raisins
- 150g feta cheese , crumbled
- 200g pomegranate seeds
- 85g toasted pine nuts
- bunch of coriander, chopped
- small bunch of mint, roughly chopped
- handful of baby spinach leaves, torn
- Honey, to drizzle
- Rinse quinoa and bring the quinoa to the boil in two cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with a tight fitting lid and turn heat down to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes (once done, remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit for five minutes with lid on – then fluff with a fork).
- Meanwhile, lightly cook the red onion for a few minutes(i like the taste of cooked onion better, if you prefer red onion raw then feel free to do this!)
- Place the cooked quinoa on a wide platter to cool quickly.
- Stirr through all the remaining ingredients and drizzle the salad with honey to taste! Enjoy 🙂