Sorry for the lack of posts, I’ve just moved to the UK for six months and have been busily settling in, attending exchange orientation events and starting classes at University.
Unfortunately, my student accommodation doesn’t come with an oven…so by the looks of it baking meals will be out of the picture for a few months!
Being rather time poor has lead me to the inspiration for dinner tonight – this dish is so quick and easy to mix up! I used rice sticks which only take 6-8 minutes to prepare. But you could also use rice pasta, buckwheat pasta (my favourite!), or wheat pasta if you have no problems with it.
Instead of opting for the cream laden pasta, this is a healthy, light dish incorporating avocados for creaminess!
Avocado’s have to be one of my favourite ingredients and offers a broad range of benefits – from lowering cholesterol to having anti-inflammatory benefits…oh and also being DELICIOUS.
Hope you enjoy!
Quick, Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta Recipe
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Garlic Cloves – crushed (use one if you don’t like a strong garlic taste!)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Water (can use lemon juice if desired)
- 1/4 cup of Spinach leaves
- 2 Servings of pasta of choice.
- Prepare your desired pasta to al dente.
- Whilst your pasta is cooking, process the garlic, olive oil and water till smooth.
- Add the pitted avocado and half of the spinach leaves and process till smooth.
- Once pasta is done cooking, stir in the avocado mixture and the other half of the spinach leaves. It’s that simple 🙂 Enjoy!