Well, it’s Christmas tomorrow and baking is definitely in full drive in many households! On my morning walk this morning, I smelt roasts being started, cakes baking..and oddly..a curry..(particularly a strange choice because the humidity in Australia lately has been so hot! I would think a spicy curry would be last on anyone’s mind). I also got into the baking mood and made truffles…Well, I would hardly call this baking, ‘creating’ maybe 🙂
I wanted to add a homemade element to my Christmas presents this year, so decided to whip up some chocolate truffles rolled in cacao to go alongside my other gifts! Hopefully my family will enjoy them, and hopefully, won’t happen to look at this blog post before tomorrow! These are rolled in cacao, but you could also roll in crushed hazelnuts, or another nut, dip in chocolate or roll in coconut…endless options! I also put mine into mini cupcake cases and then placed them in a box.
Then I wrapped the box in wrapping paper and stored in the fridge, so no peeping eyes, or mouths, could see till tomorrow! I would recommend keeping these in the fridge till you are ready to gift/serve, especially if you live in a warm climate!
Hope you all enjoy and have a merry christmas tomorrow :)!
Easy Cacao Dusted Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Yields roughly 25 bite size balls.
- 225g good-quality dark chocolate
- 175ml thickened cream
- Cacao powder, sifted, to roll (or you could use regular cocoa powder, or nuts, coconut, etc)
- Break the Chocolate into small pieces. Place the chocolate in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Place cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then immediately pour over chocolate.
- Whisk until smooth and creamy and chocolate is all melted.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, place the bowl on an icebrick to keep the chocolate cool.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon out bite-sized pieces and roll into balls with the palms of your hands.
- Roll in cacao or cocoa powder, place on a plate, put in the fridge for a further 15 minutes to set.
- Enjoy with a coffee or serve as a gift!