In the morning, if I don’t have work or uni, I love taking the time out of my day to sit down and relax with a bowl of porridge and hot coffee. I love it so much, that I sometimes wish the bowl was endless!
That’s why this recipe is one of my favourites! The inclusion of chia seeds really PLUMPS up the porridge, making it thick and voluminous.
Porridge is rich in fiber, has high protein content and helps stabilize your blood sugar and there is so many variations you can do!
The addition of apple pulp adds a natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to your porridge! You can also add berries, nuts, sunflower seeds and other toppings of choice like I have below:
A healthy, volumious breakfast that will satisfy any hunger pangs! I hope you enjoy!
Volumious Chia Specked Porridge – Naturally Sweet! Recipe
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 & 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large apple
- Add the oats, water, chia seeds and cinnamon to a small pot.
- Grate the Apple and add half the apple pulp to the pot.
- Put the pot on the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to gently bubble for a couple of minutes, and continue to stir.
- Transfer the cooked oats to bowl.
- Spoon on top the remaining half of the apple pulp.
- Serve and top with nuts, seeds or blueberries – whatever you desire 🙂