This smoothie is SUPER quick to prepare, uncomplicated and is based around the SUPER food SPIRULINA!
I find after I have this, I am buzzing with energy 🙂
Although spirulina is classified as a “blue green algae,” it is actually a microscopically small plant found growing naturally in warm-water volcanic ponds. Spirulina is extremely high in protein that is easy to digest and also contains over 100 vitamins and minerals.
Specifically, the protein that spirulina contains is made up of eighteen amino acids – the essentials, plus most of the nonessentials the human body does not make on its own.
But high protein content is not the only health benefit of spirulina; it also helps with weight loss, controls certain allergy reactions, balances carbohydrate levels in the body, helps with anemia problems and vision disorders, and also alleviates other abnormal conditions of the body.
Basically, this is one heck of an algae 😉
This smoothie is an easy way to include the super food in your diet and it only includes 3 ingredients!
Easy as 1,2,3 – Spirulina Super Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of Apple Juice (I use nudies apple juice – nothing but apples!)
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 1 Banana (i usually freeze mine to give a thicker texture and cool down the drink, if not using frozen, use ice in addition)
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- Place all ingredients in the blend, blend until smooth and serve. Easy!