This is a yummy chicken and vegetable pilaf infused with a cinnamon quill and topped with creamy feta. It is quite possibly the easiest pilaf/risotto type dish I have come across, you simply add the ingredients and let it cook for 15minutes. A great dish if you want a meal to impress, but don’t want to be slaving over the kitchen!
Hope you enjoy the recipe, happy cooking :)!
Chicken, Zucchini, Green Bean & Feta Spiced Pilaf
- 200g (1 cup) basmati rice
- 1 onion
- 175g green beans
- 2 zucchinis
- 60g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp + a dash ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon quill
- Dash of cumin & cinnamon (optional)
- 500g chicken stir-fry pieces
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) vegetable/chicken stock
- 100g feta
- Place rice in a sieve, then rinse under running water until water runs clear. Finely chop onion. Trim beans. Trim zucchinis and cut into 1cm pieces.
- Heat butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Crush over garlic, then stir in turmeric, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, chicken, rice, beans and zucchinis. Pour in stock and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid. Reduce heat to low–medium and cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stir every now and then. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes (the residual heat will finish cooking the rice).
- Distribute the pilaf and crumble some feta over the top.