Well, if you hadn’t realised already, I LOVE oats. In the morning, if I don’t have work or uni, I love taking the time out of my day to sit down and relax with a bowl of porridge and hot coffee
Porridge is rich in fiber, has high protein content and helps stabilize your blood sugar…what’s not to love!
Granted, I have shared a few porridge recipes already, but have really been enjoying this variation on the typical porridge lately!
Since, we’ve established I love porridge, I particulary LOVE this recipe because it includes the magic ingredient CHIA SEEDS, making the porridge thick & volumious..yum!
Chia seeds, hailed as a superfood, pack a BIG nutritional punch, the seeds are naturally gluten free too! It provides energy, strength, & aids endurance. It helps regulate blood sugar levels, helps with weight loss and aids intestinal regularity. You can read more about chia seeds here if you are interested.
The addition of apple pulp adds a natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to your porridge! You can also add berries, nuts, sunflower seeds and other toppings of choice Like I have below – yum!
A healthy, volumious breakfast that will satisfy any hunger pangs! I hope you enjoy!
Volumious Chia Specked Porridge – Naturally Sweet! Recipe
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 & 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large apple
- Add the oats, water, chia seeds and cinnamon to a small pot.
- Grate the Apple and add half the apple pulp to the pot.
- Put the pot on the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to gently bubble for a couple of minutes, and continue to stir.
- Transfer the cooked oats to bowl.
- Spoon on top the remaining half of the apple pulp.
- Serve and top with nuts, seeds or blueberries – whatever you desire